Monday, February 20, 2012

Battery Box

 Battery box time. I started with a Twin Cam softail fitting, H-D battery. I already have a TC era softail, so I will have always have an extra battery for my bikes, Harley does make good batteries, and they are relatively cheap. I contemplated going with some kind of high tech, mini ion-lithium unit, but I don't feel like paying double for a battery that no one stocks. I want dependability and serviceability on this entire bike. 1/4" thick steel tabs to weld to the frame, 6061 aluminum everywhere else. 5/16-18 bolts and nylock nuts. Simple and bitchin at the same time. I machined the plates on the cnc bridgeport, all as a 2.5D part. Chad hooked me up on the lathe. Somewhat time consuming overall, but it could not fit better in the tight window.


No comments:

Post a Comment