Sunday, April 5, 2009

Wheel Spacers

Here are the wheel spacers. At the most basic level wheels spacers can be tubing, cut to length. Well, I have always thought that looked unfinished. I don't want to see the seal and bearing in the wheel. I always noticed it right away, so I would think that other people do too. Small end of the spacers to the outside, big end of the 'bell' towards the wheel. There is a small diameter boss to the inside that lands on the inner race of the wheel bearings. The major diameter covers the seal and flows into the wheel. The really short one stacks up with the rear brake bracket to set the wheel spacing. These parts are my first venture into CNC lathe work. I wrote the program, set up the machine and ran them. Kris (BAKER Machinist) helped me throughout the entire deal.


No comments:

Post a Comment