Thursday, April 2, 2009

Front Brake Bracket

I don't know that these pictures do the front brakes justice. Or maybe they do. H-D lower fork legs, Tokico Brake Calipers off a Suzuki GSX-R 750 Crotch Rocket and the brake bracket that I designed and machined to bolt it all together. I will post some Solidworks images of the bracket to help show the bosses and 'furniture foot' reliefs that I machined around the edges of it. The Socket head bolts are strictly for mock up. I am going to run hex dimple flange head bolts that are used on Moto GP bikes. Pro-Bolt of out of England is the place for these bad ass bolts.
I chose the Tokico calipers becuase they are proven, race quality piece. No worries about function or finding replacement pads down the road. The are cheap too. Fabricator Kevin hooked me up with these. He makes some pretty slick, shaped steel brackets, but the machined aluminum ones will match better with all of the parts that I am going to make.

11.5" dia Performance Machine brake rotors front and back. Blanchard ground 410 stainless outers, 6061 Aluminum centers.


No comments:

Post a Comment